School of Athens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

consciousness

2 posters

Go down

consciousness Empty consciousness

Post  tospiteyourface Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:40 pm

just curious what everyone here would choose, given these options.
bonus: by choosing, you're contributing to a survey and can choose to be notified of the results.
evenmorebonus: ooh, pretty pictures.

to kick things off: while torn between higher order theory and quantum consciousness, i ended up choosing the latter.
tospiteyourface
tospiteyourface

Back to top Go down

consciousness Empty Re: consciousness

Post  _s Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:27 pm

This is interesting. It's a whole different way of thinking about what I've been thinking about. There's still a wall of unknowns in between where we are and the truth of that matter, and I feel it might be indecipherable because math and logical thinking intersects with the process that does it in such a way that that information can't be reached
(and that might be provable or disprovable, but I don't know).

Speaking of which, I've been thinking about experience as a collection of images of things, and the idea that there's one image for many things, (a super-image) and an image dispersed among many thing (a meme). That seems to be what experience, one of the larger parts of what a consciousness is, is made of.

EDIT: I chose buddhism, because our consciousness seems like it's just a record of the stuff that touches our sensory organs, and I don't fucking know, they all sound true.
_s
_s

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum