School of Athens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The role of /x/

+3
Apostle
nibanna man
_s
7 posters

Go down

The role of /x/ Empty The role of /x/

Post  _s Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:08 am

We were gathered on /x/. We all come from /x/. We all have specific feelings, both positive and negative, about /x/.
What role should /x/ play in the future for our continued collective growth?

I feel that if something particularly epic happens on this forum, we should show our gratitude by posting a copy of it on /x/.
_s
_s

Back to top Go down

The role of /x/ Empty Re: The role of /x/

Post  nibanna man Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:48 pm

I agree. /x/ should play a part in this forum. Maybe we could use it to garner new members.

nibanna man

Back to top Go down

Post  Apostle Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:55 pm

nibanna man wrote:I agree. /x/ should play a part in this forum. Maybe we could use it to garner new members.

Be very, very careful when openly inviting individuals from /x/. I know that's how we got here, but it's not the best bet to continually bring on individuals. Sure, we can just ban people left and right, but just remember to keep quiet during /b/ raids.
Apostle
Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post  nibanna man Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:59 pm

Apostle wrote:
nibanna man wrote:I agree. /x/ should play a part in this forum. Maybe we could use it to garner new members.

Be very, very careful when openly inviting individuals from /x/. I know that's how we got here, but it's not the best bet to continually bring on individuals. Sure, we can just ban people left and right, but just remember to keep quiet during /b/ raids.

Ah, yes. I'll be sure to think cautiously before inviting anyone from /x/.

nibanna man

Back to top Go down

Post  Platon Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:01 pm

Apostle wrote:

I was thinking about this. Mabey not advertising on the site, more or less invite people that seem to fit in? We dont want to give the moderators and admins here a shitfest to sort things out.
Platon
Platon

Back to top Go down

Post  nibanna man Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:05 pm

Platon wrote:
Apostle wrote:

I was thinking about this. Mabey not advertising on the site, more or less invite people that seem to fit in? We dont want to give the moderators and admins here a shitfest to sort things out.

Yeah, that's a great idea.

nibanna man

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:42 pm

Thank you for the kind consideration. Haha, I agree completely though, if we're going to pull people off of /x/ we need to hand select them. Just as I in some ways hand selected you. I chose you guys because you passed an infinitely simple and genuine test, you showed an interest and a desire to learn. You took the first step by emailing me or providing your info. I think that should for the most part remain the only test people should have to pass to gain access to this school.

Brian
Admin

https://circleoflearning.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  zartunze Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:44 pm

Brian wrote:Thank you for the kind consideration. Haha, I agree completely though, if we're going to pull people off of /x/ we need to hand select them. Just as I in some ways hand selected you. I chose you guys because you passed an infinitely simple and genuine test, you showed an interest and a desire to learn. You took the first step by emailing me or providing your info. I think that should for the most part remain the only test people should have to pass to gain access to this school.

I totally agree with that. Honestly, the people here are all really cool and WE came here by you using that method. I say, if it works, then keep doing it.

zartunze

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:19 pm

I'm planning on posting a simple ad for the forum on Monday on /x/. The forum has stopped growing and there are only a small number of new posts being made. As long as I recieve no objections I will post the ad Monday afternoon US East coast time.

Brian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  _s Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:27 pm

While I like the idea of recruitment on /x/, over-recruitment could lead to backlash. We do not want to seem like we are violating /x/'s sovereignty and demanding that good discussion only take place on our site.
Also, taking discussion away from /x/, which is what would happen if we took people from /x/, is not contributing to it. I mean, we're probably going to have to do that anyways once every blue moon to keep activity at a good level.

What I'm saying is that if we do any projects that turn out successfully, or we have a particularly epic discussion, we should post results on /x/ just so people can enjoy them.
_s
_s

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:36 pm

That was actually my plan. Bump the thread with forum content.

Brian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Magus Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:32 am

Come on if the veil falls and we actually do get superpowers we can joke saying we're "/x/- men" Razz
haha

/x/ has been full of disinfo since Abril... Makes me kinda of sad. :/
Magus
Magus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum