School of Athens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TELL ME YOUR SECRETS.

5 posters

Go down

TELL ME YOUR SECRETS. Empty TELL ME YOUR SECRETS.

Post  nibanna man Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:27 pm

Hi, everyone. I'm new to this forum, as you all are, but I'm also somewhat new to philosophy and the occult. About my background with those, I would like to tell you that I have dabbled in wicca and it wasn't really my style. I've thought about hermeticism and theosophy, but I don't want to get into anything dark, and being as I don't have a guide to help me out, this could be quite a problem. I've been looking into buddhism and I feel like I have had some great realizations through the suffering caused by a dream I had, but I have yet to become enlightened. From what I know about buddhism and quantum physics, I believe in a supreme collective conscious. I also believe that this reality is from this collective, or "god" perceiving itself to learn more about itself. I'm really very interested in the occult and other philosophies, but I haven't had a good resource for getting started. This should be just what I need. And, I hope to get to know all of you.

About my personal life, I'm what you would consider a "hipster" who loves vidya, lives in 'murica, and loves horror movies. I have schizoaffective disorder, aspergers (haha), and severe anxiety. I have no gf at this point, I like to play games like half-life 2 deathmatch and garry's mod. Some of my favorite bands are death grips, grimes, my bloody valentine, flesh consumed, flying lotus, werewolf, and gorillaz. I'm also the soon to be guitarist and growler in a death-doom metal band, that is currently nameless. If anyone has any comments or questions, please don't hesitate to post Smile

nibanna man

Back to top Go down

TELL ME YOUR SECRETS. Empty Re: TELL ME YOUR SECRETS.

Post  Apostle Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:32 pm

Oh, hey, how's it going?

TELL ME YOUR SECRETS. 1820
Apostle
Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post  nibanna man Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:35 pm

Apostle wrote:Oh, hey, how's it going?

TELL ME YOUR SECRETS. 1820

Pretty good. You? Also, I love the pic.

nibanna man

Back to top Go down

Post  Apostle Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:35 pm

Figured, lol. Very Happy
Apostle
Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post  tospiteyourface Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:38 pm

yeah, i have a question: need another guitarist? i've been looking for some people to play with. of course, you're probably nowhere near me - but that's what quantum entanglement's all about, right? Very Happy

in regards to getting started with your hermeticism and theosophy: i don't have any specific recommendations of my own, but you may want to take a look at the /x/ library (thexlibrary[dot]com). that site's picking up a bit in terms of what texts they have available.
tospiteyourface
tospiteyourface

Back to top Go down

Post  nibanna man Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:40 pm

Apostle wrote:Figured, lol. Very Happy

So, where do you recommend I start with the occult and philosophy?

nibanna man

Back to top Go down

Post  nibanna man Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:42 pm

tospiteyourface wrote:yeah, i have a question: need another guitarist? i've been looking for some people to play with. of course, you're probably nowhere near me - but that's what quantum entanglement's all about, right? Very Happy

in regards to getting started with your hermeticism and theosophy: i don't have any specific recommendations of my own, but you may want to take a look at the /x/ library (thexlibrary[dot]com). that site's picking up a bit in terms of what texts they have available.

Actually, I do need another guitarist. And, I live somewhat close. Ohio. And, thanks for the advice.

nibanna man

Back to top Go down

Post  nibanna man Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:04 pm

Also, everyone, please don't let my age dishearten you. I'm very serious about the occult and philosophy, and I'm very serious about the guitar. I've been interested in these things for as long as I can remember.

nibanna man

Back to top Go down

Post  tospiteyourface Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:14 pm

nibanna man wrote:Also, everyone, please don't let my age dishearten you. I'm very serious about the occult and philosophy, and I'm very serious about the guitar. I've been interested in these things for as long as I can remember.

hey, age is just a number. no worries on that. as far as the music goes, maybe we can rig up some way to collaborate; set up a dropbox to share recordings and swap mixes or something.
tospiteyourface
tospiteyourface

Back to top Go down

Post  Platon Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:46 am

This has potential. I would love to hear you'r stuff guys and as soon as I get some more serious recording equipment, would love to share some of my work as well.

Oh and Nibanna, you're not alone. I have aspergers as well.
Platon
Platon

Back to top Go down

Post  nibanna man Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:30 am

tospiteyourface wrote:
nibanna man wrote:Also, everyone, please don't let my age dishearten you. I'm very serious about the occult and philosophy, and I'm very serious about the guitar. I've been interested in these things for as long as I can remember.

hey, age is just a number. no worries on that. as far as the music goes, maybe we can rig up some way to collaborate; set up a dropbox to share recordings and swap mixes or something.

Yeah, that would be great. Maybe I'll try to record some guitar stuff later tonight. And, thanks for understanding the age thing.

nibanna man

Back to top Go down

Post  nibanna man Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:33 am

Platon wrote:This has potential. I would love to hear you'r stuff guys and as soon as I get some more serious recording equipment, would love to share some of my work as well.

Oh and Nibanna, you're not alone. I have aspergers as well.

Ah, yes. That would be very cool. Right now I have a usb amp and the program "audacity". I don't have the most high-tech set-up right now, but it'll do the job. And, it's good to know I'm not the only one with aspergers I know. I don't really mind it, though. It has its pros and its cons.

nibanna man

Back to top Go down

Post  Melpomene Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:40 am

hey my bloody valentine is great! and nice to meet you. do you like carissa's weird? i just came across them recently and have been wearing out their playlists on the youtuba. depressive, but perfect. specially in the fall
Melpomene
Melpomene

Back to top Go down

Post  Platon Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:32 am

Melpomene wrote:hey my bloody valentine is great! and nice to meet you. do you like carissa's weird? i just came across them recently and have been wearing out their playlists on the youtuba. depressive, but perfect. specially in the fall

A greek muse. How wonderfull. (Not being sarcastic here.)
Platon
Platon

Back to top Go down

Post  nibanna man Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:47 am

Melpomene wrote:hey my bloody valentine is great! and nice to meet you. do you like carissa's weird? i just came across them recently and have been wearing out their playlists on the youtuba. depressive, but perfect. specially in the fall

Yeah, nice to meet you too. I do like carissa's weird. They're quite good. And, yeah. They are sad core so it's to be expected. But, depressive doesn't mean bad. :p

nibanna man

Back to top Go down

Post  Melpomene Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:37 pm

Platon wrote:
A greek muse. How wonderfull. (Not being sarcastic here.)

nobody's noted that before. . . i'm both frightened and pleased. to meet you. bounce

Platon wrote:Yeah, nice to meet you too. I do like carissa's weird. They're quite good. And, yeah. They are sad core so it's to be expected. But, depressive doesn't mean bad. :p

ah you kids and your adding -core to the end of genres! i'm just bitter cause i can't keep track of them. hehe. and no, not bad at all. i try to balance it out with less emotional stuff though. like the avalanches i guess
Melpomene
Melpomene

Back to top Go down

Post  nibanna man Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:38 pm

I actually mostly hate genres with -core as a suffix, but I don't mind a few. Metalcore bugs the shit out of me, with all of the scene kids running around, but to each their own. I don't mind sadcore, though. It's quite good for "feels".

nibanna man

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum