School of Athens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lucid / Astral

4 posters

Go down

Lucid / Astral Empty Lucid / Astral

Post  Mister K Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:02 am

Alright, so what i'm talking about is lucid dreaming and astral projection. And I've never really gotten to many people interested in the subject, and even the people I know that study / practice it can never agree on a way to define it.

So, as a task to us all, let's make our own definition lucid dreaming and Astral projection, (or steal another's but that isn't nearly as fun.)

And while we're at it, do you believe they're the same thing, meaning, we have the same tools (our mind) but we're using it in different ways. One is creating our own sanctuary, while the other is venturing out into the (un)known?

And then there's also the case of, is it magic, or is it meditation?

(I've got to go to seep right now and i'll edit this when I get some free time to share my opinions.)

Mister K

Back to top Go down

Lucid / Astral Empty Re: Lucid / Astral

Post  Brian Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:40 am

I don't think it's magick, it's meditation. The first thing I do to Astral Project is get into a deep meditative state. I have lucid dreamed several times using an aggressive campaign of "are you dreaming?" sticky notes everywhere I go. I have been trying to astral project for months now and have been unsuccessful. Do you have any tips?

Brian
Admin

https://circleoflearning.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Platon Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:57 am

In some of the ocations where i have gone into deep trance while meditating i have "created" places to go and explore. In my own opinion, this could be the same thing as lucid dreaming, but in a more controlled way since you put yourself into the dream directly by meditating and not just going to sleep. But then, on the other hand, i also see it as gateways to other dimentions, wich i also believe that dreams, in some point are too. They are just achieved by different methods and therefore, gives different results and/or different gateways. Also gives you different feelings and mindset.

And as a tip to Brian: Try to make sure there hasnt been anything going on for the last couple of days that would ruin your mindset or disturb your calm. Also I always have my most intense meditational sesions while in the nature, preferebly within a forest. But this is probably more of a personal preference then something spiritual. In an addition to this: try to find your place where you are the most calm and can channel your energy best and then try to stick with that place for a while.
Platon
Platon

Back to top Go down

Post  dimitrianon Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:35 pm

IMO, astral projection isn't really the same as lucid dreaming. I do practice astral projection through meditation, and I've been able to test comparing something that I will see with another projector, and get the same results as them. I don't claim to know too much about exactly how the astral plane works or how it relates to this one, but there is a transfer of information there that is not physical.

I've also experimented with lucid dreaming, and the experience isn't all that similar. When I astral project, I don't have as complete of control, and it takes effort to do some things, while when lucid dreaming I can do almost anything. Additionally, I've been able to have physical effects as a result of astral projection, as it does go hand-in-hand with energy manipulation stuff.

dimitrianon

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister K Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:32 pm

dimitrianon wrote:I've also experimented with lucid dreaming, and the experience isn't all that similar. When I astral project, I don't have as complete of control, and it takes effort to do some things, while when lucid dreaming I can do almost anything. Additionally, I've been able to have physical effects as a result of astral projection, as it does go hand-in-hand with energy manipulation stuff.

Well I can see we believe that Lucid / astral no belongs in meditation, but anyways.

As stated above by dimitrianon, Lucid dreaming seems to be just a dream with you have full control of, because it's your mind, your created place, and you're the deity of the place.

As for astral projection, it seems like there are places that you can't go, places that you're allowed, and places that you should stay out of. In a sense like a city. From what I've heard at the least.

I'm still stuck in the lucid dreaming stage of astral projection. Just wondering as well, does anyone have stories of when they had an out of body experience?

Mister K

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down