School of Athens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sigils For Beginners

4 posters

Go down

Sigils For Beginners Empty Sigils For Beginners

Post  Apostle Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:35 pm

Hey all,

Since I've been pretty well-off on my sigil magic and all that, I feel inclined to share what has helped me get to where I am.

First off, a few books:

The Book of Lies - www[dot]mediafire[dot]com/view/?oxbfkw0co5bi8b2
Prometheus Rising - www[dot]mediafire[dot]com/view/?7nsapxsp6hno58c
Theory on Sigils - www[dot]mediafire[dot]com/view/?bwe4sn38cdrxcwk

All of these are great for the mindset of the Magician, and should viewed with as much validity as the next.

Now, I know most books and people tell you to write down a phrase that pays (an intention), but in my experience, that's just basic sigil making. I've been very successful with just transmuting my thoughts into the paper with a sigil that looks more like a symbol, such as my profile picture.

The inspiration I get and the type of sigil I want to create really allows me to flow with my ideas and provide myself with the best open-ended sigil there is.

I've noticed with Word-Based Intentions, the output themselves can be a little fuzzy, but when you transmute thoughts, such as pictures of you having what you want, or becoming what you want to become, that becomes a lot more powerful in terms of manifestation through sigils.

And here's my first test for anyone who is willing to try.

Make two sigils.

The first one is the basic Word-Based Intention, spawning from something you'd like to have, say $100.

The second is the Thought-Based Intention. This one is a bit more "tricky", but with clear thoughts can be achieved easier. First, think yourself with the $100, or whatever manifestation you wish, and continually hold in your head that manifestation. Use all 6 of your senses (Touch, Taste, Hear, Feel, Smell, Know) that you have that manifestation. While you're doing this, start to etch out a small sigil that could be simple, or complex, or something special to you.

After you've made the each sigil, charge them by visualizing each sigil in your mind. Visualize yourself pushing your energy to the sigil, making it glow a bright gold.

With the second sigil charge, continue to hold in your head all 6 senses while you visualize and glow the sigil itself on top of the manifestation.

Try the first sigil for a week, then the second sigil for a week.

Take the necessary steps to complete your manifestation in the real world.
Apostle
Apostle

Back to top Go down

Sigils For Beginners Empty Re: Sigils For Beginners

Post  Brian Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:41 pm

This is actually pretty cool, thanks for the tip. I've experimented with sigils a lot and I've come to the conclusion that the form of the symbol is really not that important, it's the power of the mind, the focus, the energy you put into the sigil that makes the difference. If it's easier for you to put energy into letters for some reason, then use letters. If pictures are easier (which is the case for me, and it seems to be the case for you as well) then use pictures. It should come naturally which one you want to use but fear not if you don't know, just try out different methods. Experimentation is a great thing.

Brian
Admin

https://circleoflearning.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Platon Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:17 am

So I have decided to start studying this for some time and see where it goes. Thanks for the book also, I have only skipt trough The book Of Lies before. Now i have a question. Would it need/take more energy and/or concentration the bigger or rarer the material you want?
Platon
Platon

Back to top Go down

Post  Apostle Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:58 am

Platon wrote:So I have decided to start studying this for some time and see where it goes. Thanks for the book also, I have only skipt trough The book Of Lies before. Now i have a question. Would it need/take more energy and/or concentration the bigger or rarer the material you want?

Yes, it'll take constant sensory belief (envisioning you already have said item) during sigil charging.

Depending on the item, you could also add, and I know this is said everywhere, sexual energies to this, which can only increase the amount of allowance towards the item in your life.
Apostle
Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post  Bel Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:01 am

Thank you for the books, I will read them diligently. And also try your method. It seems very straight forward and a lot easier to understand than other "step by step" guides.

In my own experience, I have read this book called Practical Sigil Magick and tried many of the exercises there with my friend. The exercises worked well for my sigil study buddy. For me however, only sigils I "designed" for other people worked. The sigils I drew for myself, however, yielded mediocre results.

Strangely enough, the pentacles in the Keys of Solomon worked best for my own goals. Funny thing is, the first pentacle I tried was one I found though /x/. Then, I decided to look into e-books containing other pentacles (with better resolution). I guess, I resonated with the orderly, yet complex, geometry in these Keys of Solomon! But, I want to practice more with creating my own "personal brand" of sigils.

I also feel like, the sigils work best (for me) if it has someone's name written on it.

Now, I am wondering, Apostle, what do you prefer to do with your sigil when you have completed putting your attention in it? Do you burn it, bury it, carry it around, sleep with it? That was always something I was confused about. I have several sigils that I have lying around, but I just feel "strange" burning something with my name on it.

Bel
Bel

Back to top Go down

Post  Apostle Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:08 am

Bel wrote:Thank you for the books, I will read them diligently. And also try your method. It seems very straight forward and a lot easier to understand than other "step by step" guides.

In my own experience, I have read this book called Practical Sigil Magick and tried many of the exercises there with my friend. The exercises worked well for my sigil study buddy. For me however, only sigils I "designed" for other people worked. The sigils I drew for myself, however, yielded mediocre results.

Strangely enough, the pentacles in the Keys of Solomon worked best for my own goals. Funny thing is, the first pentacle I tried was one I found though /x/. Then, I decided to look into e-books containing other pentacles (with better resolution). I guess, I resonated with the orderly, yet complex, geometry in these Keys of Solomon! But, I want to practice more with creating my own "personal brand" of sigils.

I also feel like, the sigils work best (for me) if it has someone's name written on it.

Now, I am wondering, Apostle, what do you prefer to do with your sigil when you have completed putting your attention in it? Do you burn it, bury it, carry it around, sleep with it? That was always something I was confused about. I have several sigils that I have lying around, but I just feel "strange" burning something with my name on it.

Usually, I just keep it in my sigil book or in my phone cover to keep it with me and forget about it.
Apostle
Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum