Psychoanalysis topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Psychoanalysis topic

Post  Fraga on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:09 am

Hey, how about creating a topic about psychoanalitic, psychological things? like Carl Jung's works, and those by Freud, Wilhem Reich, dream analysis, personality analisis, mental conditions, (Mass) psychic hipnosis, Behaviour psychology, interpersonal psychology and whatever? I dont't know if you guys have thought about it of agree, but i think it could be nice, since it is the scientific study of the soul.
avatar
Fraga

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-10-07
Location : Braga, Portugal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoanalysis topic

Post  _s on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:47 am

It seems to me like this would be covered under western philosophy.
avatar
_s

Posts : 49
Join date : 2012-10-07
Age : 23
Location : albany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoanalysis topic

Post  Platon on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:45 am

_s wrote:It seems to me like this would be covered under western philosophy.

I dont really see that big of a link between philosophy and psychology to actually merge it with said section. Would you care to elaborate?
avatar
Platon

Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-10-07
Location : Somewhere in the forests of Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoanalysis topic

Post  _s on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:24 pm

Platon wrote:
I dont really see that big of a link between philosophy and psychology to actually merge it with said section. Would you care to elaborate?
The platonic idea that there is a "heaven" where the single pure version of everything that manifests in our reality exists is a psychological idea, because those single pure versions are representative of the categories that are used to understand reality.
You can't completely separate trying to understand the nature of reality from our tools for understanding reality.
Also a lot of modern philosophy deals with understanding consciousness, time, language, etc. My (very) limited understanding of philosophy leads me to believe it is a huge whore of a discipline.

But that was just something off the top of my head I thought up now. I guess I just posted that because I was worried about the forum having too many little sections with only 1 or 2 topics and looking bad.
avatar
_s

Posts : 49
Join date : 2012-10-07
Age : 23
Location : albany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoanalysis topic

Post  Platon on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:31 pm

_s wrote:
The platonic idea that there is a "heaven" where the single pure version of everything that manifests in our reality exists is a psychological idea, because those single pure versions are representative of the categories that are used to understand reality.
You can't completely separate trying to understand the nature of reality from our tools for understanding reality.
Also a lot of modern philosophy deals with understanding consciousness, time, language, etc. My (very) limited understanding of philosophy leads me to believe it is a huge whore of a discipline.

But that was just something off the top of my head I thought up now. I guess I just posted that because I was worried about the forum having too many little sections with only 1 or 2 topics and looking bad.

I totaly agree on that it looks bad to have to many sections that could eventually lead to less topics. Alltough the forum has only been active for about 3-4 days or so. What I meant with not seeing a really "big" link between this subject and general philosophy is that I more see a psychological section as a section were we discuss the state of mental disorders and such. But I can also totaly agree on that its a section that could be on hold for the future, until we see how many general topics that will be created about it.
avatar
Platon

Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-10-07
Location : Somewhere in the forests of Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Psychoanalysis topic

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum